International Body-Mind Empowerment Enterprises
i.b.mee. (I Be Me) is an innovative educational non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization located in Asheville NC that is the central hub of the W.E.L.L. Kids NOW® Movement and the Empowerment Education Revolution. We have developed programs and practices that are setting a new standard and bringing to life a healthy and empowering educational system that results in W.E.L.L. students …We see schools as places where everyone THRIVES.
Well – Empowered – heart-centers, self Leaders
who love to learn, love life & are living their Legacy NOW
Our programs and practices are based in theories and concepts from many disciplines from neuroscience to value science and not only build wellness and leadership skills, but also resilience and empowerment to be able to internally move through external challenges with awareness and confidence. Over the past 30 years, our Founder and Executive Director has developed the Empowerment Education Framework and a new paradigm of learning and living (a living systems approach) to act as a guide for shifting into a healthy and empowering “system” of education. It sets a new standard for what human-beings really need to thrive. It offers schools (leaders), students, and their teachers and parents support in setting their own vision on how to provide school, work and home environments that truly allow everyone to have the best chance of reaching their full POTENTIAL. In a series of research studies, we are solidifying the Framework and as the framework becomes more known and used as a guideline, we believe the Empowerment Education Framework will be the answer to the young person epidemics of the present.
Our young people are not W.E.L.L. They are involved in many life-threatening challenges we call the Big 3 (chronic disease, suicide, violence)
- Cancer is the 2nd leading cause of death for 5-14 years-olds. This costs Americans $7.4 million dollars+/year.
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death for 15-24 year olds and the 3rd leading cause of death 10-14 year olds. For each 1,000 children we prevent from committing suicide we can expect a billion dollars of economic gain for our country.
- There are more than 600,000 under-18-year-olds living in juvenile detention centers every year; each of who cost about $88,000. Of this number, 25% are incarcerated for violent offenses.
The total costs involved when a troubled child grows up and drops out of school, uses drugs and becomes a career criminal averages at least 2.5 million dollars per individual.
THE SHIFT into Empowerment Education (open sourced model that integrates all research in the new educational paradigm) will serve as one of the primary missing links to ending our chronic disease, violence, and suicide (quitting/depression/addiction cycle) epidemics by decreasing the Connection Crisis and Toxic Stress.
i.b.mee. is bringing to life W.E.L.L. students in 4 ways!
Through our i.b.mee. Research Institute, we are doing a 3-phase qualitative research study that answers the question…“What is the process of a truly intrinsically-motivating, healthy educational system- one where students can’t wait to wake up and go to every day because they are excited to have another experience of how their gifts, innovations, ideas, and personal passions will come alive and contribute to the greater good today?”
- Phase 1 – Foundational Research – We are finding and synthesizing all the Foundational Researchers that have added to the new educational paradigm as a baseline researcher.
- Phase 2 – Central Hub Research – We are collecting, synthesizing, and merging current and past empowerment research and information; this includes: best practices, powerful programs, great minds, and empowered schools.
- Phase 3 – Grass Roots Research – We are collecting information straight from the voices of our teachers, students, administrators and parents about the educational system. We ask pertinent open-ended education-efficacy questions answering the general question, “What is working in education and what is not” from a grass-roots perspective. The W.E.L.L. Kids NOW® Movement will roll-out more research in this area with 30 To Thrive and Our Voice Counts.
The Outcomes of Our Research
- To highlight, support, and adapt our Empowerment Education Model as an open-sourced framework for the new paradigm of education.
- To serve as the foundation of our teacher, student, parent, and school trainings.
- To bring awareness of the research, philosophies, practices, programs, schools, and great minds within Empowerment Education through our Simply Empowered Research Briefs.
- To complete The W.E.L.L. Student Inventory for Students
- To complete “The SHIFT ”…… Documentary
- To complete The W.E.L.L. Classroom book for teachers
- To complete KIDland Novel
- To build The W.E.L.L. Kids NOW® Center
i.b.mee. designed, researched and piloted their W.E.L.L. System for teachers, parents, school leaders, and students. This innovative educational learning and living philosophy and curriculum based on the Empowerment Education Model, is the foundation to all of our programs. The outcomes have been extremely promising. (increased well-being, intrinsic motivation to learn, grow and contribute, student lead conflict resolution and restorative justice, emotional intelligence, resilience, teacher job satisfaction, positive student behavior, increased academic outcomes…)
- Teacher Empowerment –The W.E.L.L. Classroom
- Student Empowerment -Living Your Legacy HS/College program and camp and BODY MIND ADVENTURE After-School
- Parent Empowerment –The W.E.L.L. Home
- School Empowerment – The W.E.L.L. Lab: An Alternative to In-school Suspension, The W.E.L.L. Kids NOW® System and Certification, Principal Coaching and Consulting
The W.E.L.L. Kids NOW® Movement
i.b.mee. is the central hub of the Empowerment Education Revolution and the W.E.L.L. Kids NOW® Movement… to set the standard and bring to life a healthy and empowering educational system where everyone thrives. By 2020, a large grass roots collaboration will have created the new Declaration of Education that states the new paradigm Principles of Success of educating children as a framework for all and will stand for the shift in the current educational system into a healthy and empowering one. We are enrolling teachers, parents, students and other great positive educational reform leaders to pave the way with their voices, talents, and ideas. We are dedicated to develop students who are Well, Empowered, heart-centered Leaders who love to learn & are living their Legacy. We provide a safe place for students, teachers, and great educational minds to speak about educational challenges and new paradigm solutions. We are marketing as: “ 1 million strong” to raise funds for the educational system shift!
The W.E.L.L. KIDS NOW® System and Certification
And support 100’s of students and teachers shift into the new paradigm and help prevent chronic disease, violence and suicide!
HOW i.b.mee. WAS CREATED