Experiential Leadership Training to gain clarity, confidence, and empowerment skills for your journey to college, career & life!
Rising 10th – College Freshmen Girls – June 17-23, 2018
INFO WEBINAR ZOOM LINK: Every Wednesday night at 8:00PM- JOIN US for any questions you may have.
Our vision is a powerful one, -to lay the inner groundwork for YOU to live a life of personal empowerment and positive well-being, living your highest and healthiest visions, making the difference YOU want to make in the world.
We have found that the majority of high school and college students are stressed out about these things!
- The state of the world right now.
- How they can truly make a difference bringing their unique gifts into the world.
- Knowing what career they want and choosing a major.
- Applying for college.
- Money and the debt they are afraid of.
- Leaving home and starting a new way of life.
- Making friends and fitting-in in college.
- Their ability to speak to a group from the heart and feel heard.
- Marketing themselves.
- Being safe.
- “Making it in life” – getting a job and making money.
- Telling others about their challenges.
- Asking for help for their challenges because they don’t think that asking for help will solve anything.
- Stepping outside of their comfort zone.
Girls who attend our Live Your Legacy Leadership Summit receive high-level empowerment coaching throughout the week (in groups of 4) and 1X/month for 6 months afterwards! PARENTS also receive 3 – 60 minute information and coaching sessions around what new-paradigm parenting skills will benefit their girls after the SUMMIT. Coaching increases feelings of personal EMPOWERMENT and helps build leadership skills so YOUR goals reflect who YOU really are. Self-Coaching helps you get comfortable with setting personal boundaries with confidence and clarity and move forward with what you need and want connecting better with friends, with dating, and with co-workers.
Girls who attend our Live Your Legacy Leadership Summit receive high-level empowerment coaching throughout the week (in groups of 4) and 1X/month for 6 months afterwards!
PARENTS also receive 3 – 60 minute information and coaching sessions around what new-paradigm parenting skills will benefit their girls after the SUMMIT.
Coaching increases feelings of personal EMPOWERMENT and helps build leadership skills so YOUR goals reflect who YOU really are.
Self-Coaching helps you get comfortable with setting personal boundaries with confidence and clarity and move forward with what you need and want connecting better with friends, with dating, and with co-workers.
We would love YOU to attend our exclusive week-long overnight Leadership Summit for 16 GIRLS and walk away feeling excited and more empowered about who you are NOW and about your future.
Camp dates: Sunday June 17, 2018, Noon to Saturday June 23, noon.
Scholarships and Fundraising are available. PLEASE don’t hesitate to apply. The form is in the application packet.
Location: Western Carolina University
Any questions? Go to our Contact Page and ask away! or call Meg Hanshaw 828-242-9067.
Meg has been working with high school girls since 1985 researching, developing, piloting and benchmarking empowerment and leadership programs in athletics and education. The culmination of this research and experience is the current LIVE YOUR LEGACY Leadership Summit for high school girls.
Camp Activities and our W.E.L.L. Curriculum:
- Take personal inventories that bring to life your strengths, likes, dislikes and passions to decide a career or a career direction that fits your personality.
- Build your own brand, resume, and your own website if needed.
- Determine if you want or need to sign up for scholarships and where to look.
- Learn a cutting-edge self-coaching and communication method called the WAVE Process® that helps you overcome stress and fear and move through challenges, form healthy relationships, and experience true well-being and success.
- Develop self-care and wellness practices to increase your energy so you feel good reaching your goals.
- Learn to be more healthy and fix healthy meals. Make fruit smoothies and your own dehydrated fruits for breakfast and snacks, and get to try other healthy foods.
- Practice communication, conflict resolution and team-building skills with friends you meet.
- Learn how to tour colleges live or on-line so you get what you need (This takes patience!).
- Find internships and/or create a small business that fits your path to your career.
- Design and participate in a fun “project” that has personal meaning and catapults your confidence and leadership skills.
- Take part in a TEAM Ropes Course and White Water Rafting/Floating trip, hiking, yoga, swimming and team games.
- Enjoy a night with a bonfire, special empowerment activities, and drumming.
- Determine what might keep you from the success you want and what to do about it.
- Increase emotional intelligence and learn to set personal boundaries that help you communicate and form awesome relationships with friends and when dating…. as well as help you feel like you belong and can stay safe in college.
- Move through your fears about school, life, success and leaving your home city.
- Through the COACHING SCIENCE LENS (not therapy), explore what it means to truly love and accept yourself.
- Collaborate together to form the guidelines of the camp to practice integrity, trust and self-responsibility.
- Learn new definitions of health, happiness, and success that lowers stress and builds confidence and resilience to be themselves.
- Gain clarity around your passions and purpose and learn how to vision map and take steps in reaching their college, career and life goals.
- Design and present a purposeful project that sets them on a path for lifelong contribution.