Creating W.E.L.L. Classroom Environments for Teachers and their Students.
“We help teachers bring more joy, passion, confidence, and creativity into their teaching so they can truly connect to, develop, and express the intrinsic brilliance of every student.
Research shows that teachers are struggling. They are overwhelmed having to play the role of nurse, counselor, evaluator, taxi driver, food truck, curriculum magician, and conflict resolution specialists because the system of care for our students is not complete. There is little time to truly connect with students and create a learning process where each child thrives. Because of this, students are not getting what they need to feel successful. Teachers feel like they have to force learning on kids that aren’t ready to learn. Students who do want to learn, have little freedom in what they learn.
- Around 46% of teachers feel stress on a daily basis and 56% are disengaged in their day to day existence at school.
- Teachers are getting paid less and less and working more and more.
- Only 4.2% of college students major in education, the lowest since 1971.
Teachers today are also being bombarded with cutting-edge neuroscience, educational methodologies, & wellness information. They are in dire need of the HOW to implement these practices. Research shows that a combination of Discussion, Demonstration, Practice & Feedback, + Coaching will result in 95% of the participants doing the practices after one year.1-3
Teachers need to be trained and coached in real-time to learn and use these up-to-date skills. Teachers should be given the freedom to create within an Empowerment Educational framework from science and from their own personality and gifts. The result would be the transformation of their classroom environment into one of compassion, creativity, innovation, fun, and wellness. The end result would be well, empowered, self-leaders who love to learn and have the freedom, confidence and skills to live their highest and healthiest vision for themselves, their relationships, their community and the world. Until the educational system changes, teachers need support NOW to be able to handle these challenges and to bring out their gifts.
The goal of the W.E.L.L. Classroom program is to create safe stepping stones for teachers to develop students who are well, empowered, self-leaders who love to learn and are living their legacy through a trauma-informed, whole-child, 21st century learning approach. It ultimately provides teachers a process for eliminating disrupted neurodevelopment due to ACES and strengthen social, emotional, and cognitive skills in their students and in themselves. This program is perfect for teachers who are ready to shift into the new learning paradigm and want to decrease their stress and love teaching even more.
We have been training teachers over the past 7 years.
Specific W.E.L.L. Classroom Program Outcomes:
- Create and use Empowerment Education Principles and Practices of their choice to transform their classroom to an empowered 21st Century (new paradigm) classroom.
- Move through their emotional triggers more effectively & avoid projecting onto the students.
- Enjoy teaching again. (increase job satisfaction)
- Increase their clarity and confidence to handle challenging student behavior. (Classroom mgmt)
- Feel less exhausted & stressed.
- Feel more creative & authentic as a teacher.
- Increase their ability to transform their emotional triggers (be more resilient to external and internal challenges).
- Improve their behavior so they can learn more easily.
- Increase their intrinsic motivation to do academic work. (love for school)
- Define success for themselves and feel good about themselves.
- Increase student-lead conflict resolution/transitioning and more connections with friends
What you will learn…
- Take part in a participatory discussion about the challenges with education and its’ students, and how to solve these challenges through the broader educational and coaching framework of Empowerment Education.
- Learn the foundation of one of the most effective coaching processes based in neuroscience, coaching science, health, wellness, parenting, education, and psychology research called the WAVE Process®. The WAVE Process® is a 4-step coaching and communication tool that moves you and your students to empowerment through the power of mastering connection. The WAVE Process® gives teachers the ability to truly be present and connect with their students and stop reacting from their lower brain (fight, flight, or freeze reaction) and respond from their higher brain in a confident, calm, and clear way….decreasing stress and power struggles that may end in regretful teaching and student behaviors.
- Leave the coaching/classroom sessions feeling more connected to your purpose in working with students and feeling more empowered to be the teacher you really want to be!
- Redefine wellness and success to decrease stress and create a healthy classroom.
- Gain insight into how your student’s experiences have impacted their behaviors and beliefs about themselves, teachers, parents, friends, and the world.
- Learn skills and techniques to positively influence your student’s behaviors and attitudes about learning.
- Understand the root of your student’s challenges.
- Learn with other teachers who are wanting to build more positive relationships with their students.
- Learn to communicate with clarity, confidence, connection and calmness in order to empower yourself, your students, and your classroom.
- Bring your challenging experiences and learn how to handle the situation feeling more confident, calm and connected. Such as how to snuff out brewing fist fights before the first punch is thrown, how to coax adolescents crippled by low self-esteem into raising their hands, how to turn every curveball, even the biting insult, into a teachable moment.
If you are interested in personal Empowerment Teacher Training, please click here.
1Joyce, B., and B. Showers. (1980). “Improving Inservice Training: The Messages of Research.” Educational Leadership 37, 5: 379-385.
2Joyce, B., and B. Showers. (1995). Student Achievement Through Staff Development: Fundamentals of School Renewal. 2nd ed. White Plains, N.Y.: Longman.